We are excited to annouce we will once again be hosting the 8th Annual Race the Lake Marathon, 1/2 Marathon and 5K on June 4th, 2022. We look foward to welcoming everyone back to Glimmerglass State Park for a fun filled day of events.
Race The Lake is a Challenging marathon, half marathon, and 5K around beautiful Otsego Lake in Cooperstown NY
The reasons are many, but the goal is One!
Run it because you want to make a difference.
Run it because you want to say thank you.
Run it because you support the cause.
Run it because this is how you will give back.
Run it because you’re an animal lover.
Run it because of your pride
Run it because you love to run.
I am proud to announce that Race The Lake has teamed with America’s VetDogs. We will be raising funds and awareness for this outstanding cause. We have also renamed and rebranded Race The Lake and will be now known as America’s Marathon. America’s VetDogs not only supports our veterans in need but also our first responders. Their mission “To help those who have served our country honorably live with dignity and independence.”
This mission is one that I have a personal interest in as many of you do and I feel its a way we all can help and have fun while doing it.
VetDogs trains and places service dogs for those with physical disabilities; guide dogs for individuals who are blind or have low vision; service dogs to help mitigate the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder; and facility dogs as part of the rehabilitation process in military and VA hospitals.
It costs over $50,000 to breed, raise, train, and place one assistance dog; however, all of VetDogs’ services are provided at no charge to the individual. Funding comes from the generosity of individuals, corporations, foundations, businesses, and community organizations.
Once they make the decision to get a service dog, applicants become part of VetDogs’ open and welcoming community. Students will come to our 10-acre campus in Smithtown, New York, for our two-week in-residence training program. Classes are kept small to ensure personalized attention for each student and their new dog. Over the course of the time spent with us, the student and dog bond and learn how to work together as a team. They are supported with an uncompromising commitment to excellence, from highly empathetic and certified trainers to a meticulously constructed curriculum.
Race The Lake marathon and half marathon will take racers around beautiful Otsego lake in Cooperstown NY. You will run past such landmarks as the Otesaga Hotel, The Farmers Museum, The Fenimore Art Museum and The Baseball Hall Of Fame . The lake will always be on your right with awesome views of the surrounding area, running through small villages down challenging county route roads.
The full 26.2 and the half 13.1 are certified by the USATF ,the race can be used as a Boston Marathon qualifier .
The course is also completely staffed with many local volunteers. Numerous water and aid stations and also bicycle patrols that ensure a safe and directed run. There will be 15 aid stations with 5 of them having GU , Honey Stingers and Powerade, Porta potties/bathrooms will be at 3 locations around the course.
A post race lunch is included for all racers and other choices available for sale. Awards to the overall male and female of both races and also age group awards will be given to the top three in each . Tech shirts to those who register before May 5th 2022 are guaranteed. All finishers will receive a medal as well.
Race The Lake Will once again be partnered with Glimmerglass State Park in 2022Glimmerglass State Park offers parking for many vehicles,showers,changing rooms, a swimming area with lifeguards,camping on site, bathrooms, playgrounds,covered pavilions .Beer tasting , food choices, and much more to be added soon. Did I mention beer sampling?
8:00am-4:00pm: Packet Pickup (Marathon, Half Marathon, 5K) at the Clark Sports Center
6:30am-7:30am: Packet Pickup at Race Start (Marathon: Glimmerglass; Half: Yellow Trolley Lot; 5K Glimmerglass)
***NO registration or bag pick up will be available at Glimmerglass State park on race day for the half marathon ***
8:00am - Marathon (Glimmerglass) and Half Marathon Start (Yellow Trolley Lot)
9:00am - 5K Start at Glimmerglass State Park
8:00 am start time in Glimmerglass State Park
A Non-refundable entry fee is $65 per person if received on or before June 1st.
8:00am start time near the Fenimore Art museum
A Non-refundable entry fee is $55 per person if received on or June 1st.
- Are There water/aid stations on course? Yes, the full marathon and the half marathon have aid stations about every 1.5 to 2 miles. Gu Honey Stingers and water
- Is the road closed to traffic? No, the race route is open to traffic. We do however have electronic safety signs and law enforcement on the route for the entire race.
- Is there restroom on the route? Yes, we have two areas for the marathon and one for the half
- Does the marathon have a time limit? Yes, we have the road safety patrols until 2:00pm
- Can my finish time be used to qualify for the Boston marathon? Yes, both routed are certified through the USATF and times can be used.
- Are spectators allowed to be on the road? Yes, the route has many beautiful pull offs and viewing areas for spectating/cheering. Please drive with flashers on and do not follow your runner.
- What does the finish line area offer? Glimmerglass State Park is a one of a kind State Park. The finish is on a beach with swimming, showers at the campground, food, beer, music, and of course awards.
- Do I have to wait for awards? No, although we would love to have you stay and cheer, we have instant results. An award room is set up and we will give you a printed placement that you can use to pick up your award minutes after you finish.
- Will I get a finisher medal? Yes, we strive to have unique medals that can be displayed proudly.
follow race updates at #clarksportscenterevents on instagram and on our race the lake facebook and Dont forget about the itsyourrace app
Map Link For Marathon:
Map Link For Half Marathon:
We are kindly asking all half marathon racers arrange there own transportation back to your car at the half starting point. We will have a van for transport but with current guidelines are only allowed a small number in the van per trip. Thanks for your understanding https://us.mapometer.com/running/route_5334167.html
50 States Half Marathon Club
Glimmerglass State Park