We are excited to announce we will once again be hosting the 9th Annual Race the Lake Marathon, 1/2 Marathon, 10K and 5K on June 1st, 2024. We look foward to welcoming everyone back to Glimmerglass State Park for a fun filled day of events.
Race The Lake is a Challenging marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K around beautiful Otsego Lake in Cooperstown NY.
The reasons are many, but the goal is One!
Run it because you want to make a difference.
Run it because you want to say thank you.
Run it because you support the cause.
Run it because this is how you will give back.
Run it because you’re an animal lover.
Run it because of your pride.
Run it because you love to run!
We are proud to announce that Race The Lake has teamed with America’s VetDogs. We will be raising funds and awareness for this outstanding cause. We have also renamed and rebranded Race The Lake and will be now known as America’s Marathon. America’s VetDogs not only supports our veterans in need but also our first responders. Their mission “To help those who have served our country honorably live with dignity and independence.”
This mission is one that we have a personal interest in as many of you do and feel its a way we all can help and have fun while doing it. VetDogs trains and places service dogs for those with physical disabilities; guide dogs for individuals who are blind or have low vision; service dogs to help mitigate the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder; and facility dogs as part of the rehabilitation process in military and VA hospitals.
It costs over $50,000 to breed, raise, train, and place one assistance dog; however, all of VetDogs’ services are provided at no charge to the individual. Funding comes from the generosity of individuals, corporations, foundations, businesses, and community organizations.
Once they make the decision to get a service dog, applicants become part of VetDogs’ open and welcoming community. Students will come to our 10-acre campus in Smithtown, New York, for our two-week in-residence training program. Classes are kept small to ensure personalized attention for each student and their new dog. Over the course of the time spent with us, the student and dog bond and learn how to work together as a team. They are supported with an uncompromising commitment to excellence, from highly empathetic and certified trainers to a meticulously constructed curriculum.
Race The Lake marathon and half marathon will take racers around beautiful Otsego lake in Cooperstown NY. You will run past such landmarks as the Otesaga Hotel, The Farmers Museum, The Fenimore Art Museum and The Baseball Hall of Fame. The lake will always be on your right with awesome views of the surrounding area, running through small villages down challenging county route roads.
The marathon (26.2) and the half marathon (13.1) are certified by the USATF. These races can be used as a Boston Marathon Qualifier.
The course is also completely staffed with many local volunteers. There are numerous water and aid stations as well as bicycle patrols throughout the course that ensure a safe and directed run. There will be aid stations no more than two miles apart.
A post race lunch is included for all racers and other choices available for sale. Awards to the overall male and female plus the top three in each age group will be handed out for all four races. Tech shirts to those who register before May 13, 2024 are guaranteed. All finishers will receive a medal as well.
8:00am-4:00pm: Packet Pickup (Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K) at the Clark Sports Center
5:30am-6:30am: for the marathon and 6:30 to 7:30 for the half marathon. Packet Pickup at Race Start (Marathon: Glimmerglass; Half: Yellow Trolley Lot; 10K/5K: Glimmerglass)
***NO registration or bag pick up will be available at Glimmerglass State Park on race day for the half marathon. ***
***Day of bag pick up for the 1/2 marathon will be at the Yellow Trolley Lot ***
7:00am - Marathon Start (Glimmerglass State Park)
8:00am -Half Marathon Start (Yellow Trolley Lot)
9:00am - 10K/5K Start (Glimmerglass State Park)
Marathon Runner: www.https://us.mapometer.com/running/route_5334163.html
7:00 am start time in Glimmerglass State Park
A Non-refundable entry fee is $65 per person if received on or before June 1st.
Half Marathon: https://us.mapometer.com/running/route_5334167.html
8:00 am start near the Fenimore Art Museum.
A Non-refundable entry fee is $55 per person if received on or before June 1st.
9:00 am start in Glimmerglass State Park.
A Non-refundable entry fee is $25 per person if received on or before June 1st.
- Are There water/aid stations on course? Yes, the full marathon and the half marathon have aid stations about every 1.5 to 2 miles. Gu, Honey Stingers, Powerade and Water will be avaliable.
- Is the road closed to traffic? No, the race route is open to traffic. We do however have electronic safety signs and law enforcement on the route for the entire race.
- Is there restroom on the route? Yes, we have two areas for the marathon and one for the half
- Does the marathon have a time limit? Yes, we have the road safety patrols until 2:00pm
- Can my finish time be used to qualify for the Boston Marathon? Yes, both the marathon and half marathon routes are certified through the USATF and times can be used.
- Are spectators allowed to be on the road? Yes, the route has many beautiful pull offs and viewing areas for spectating/cheering. Please drive with flashers on and do not follow your runner.
- What does the finish line area offer? Glimmerglass State Park is a one of a kind State Park. The finish is on a beach with swimming, showers at the campground, food, beer, music, and of course awards.
- Do I have to wait for awards? No, although we would love to have you stay and cheer, we have instant results. An award room is set up and we will give you a printed placement that you can use to pick up your award minutes after you finish.
- Will I get a finisher medal? Yes, we strive to have unique medals that can be displayed proudly.
Glimmerglass State Park offers parking for vehicles, showers, changing rooms, a swimming area with lifeguards, camping on site, bathrooms, playgrounds, and covered pavilions. Beer tasting, food choices, music and much more will also be avaliable.
Follow race updates at #ClarkSportsCenterEvents on Instagram and our Race the Lake and Clark Sports Center Events Facebook Page.
50 States Half Marathon Club
Glimmerglass State Park